Home Scouts is committed to providing quality services to you, and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your personal information.
We have adopted the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.au.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Whenever you deal with Home Scouts, whether as a current or prospective buyer or lessee, we will collect personal information in order to provide services to you. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Date of birth
- Residential address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your personal identification documents (e.g. passport, drivers license)
- Your employment history
This personal information is obtained in many ways directly from you, such as when you fill out a form or when you give us information in person, via telephone, email correspondence or our website.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information collected by Home Scouts will ordinarily be used for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to purchase a property
- Assisting you to lease a property either as a lessor or lessee
- Assisting you to relocate to the region
- Sending our research material to your email
To achieve these purposes, we may share personal information with consultants and professionals necessarily involved in the completion of your service with us, such as:
- In the event you are a buyer or lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing.
- Your legal advisor (s) and the legal advisor (s) representing the other party (s) involved in your transaction.
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor
- Insurance providers and brokers
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you
- Organisations involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payments organisations
- The Residential Tenancies Authority
- The Titles Registry Office or other Government agencies
We will only use or disclose personal information for the primary purposes for which it was initially collected, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
Your personal information is used within Australia only and is not sent overseas unless we have obtained your written permission to do so for specified purposes.
Security of personal information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However, most of your personal information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to personal information
You may access the personal information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintaining the quality of your personal information
It is critical to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Enquiries and complaints
M: 0413 444 864